The CENTRAL BAPTIST CHURCH, located in downtown Sydney at 619 George Street, is the earliest Baptist Churches established in NSW. The first Minister of the Church in 1836, known then as the BATHURST STREET BAPTIST CHURCH, was Rev. John Saunders who came from England to minister to the new and pledging congregation. It took its name from its geographical location in the City where it remained for the first 100 years of its existence until 1937 when it moved to the present location at 619 George Street.
The Church is affiliated with the Baptist Association of NSW & ACT, the Australian Baptist Ministries and the Baptist World Alliance, and exercises an evangelical Bible-based ministry of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Our Senior Pastor is John Macindoe.
Today, the Church has five services on Sunday in multiple languages, including English (11am), Thai (11.15am) , Cantonese (9am and 4.30pm) and Mandarin (9am). Our weekly church attendance is approximately 400 covering all ages.
The Church maintains an extensive all-age Christian Education program on Sunday mornings from 9am with classes conducted in English, Thai, Cantonese and Mandarin.
The Church is easily accessible by public transport from any part of the City of Sydney and its suburbs and enquiries concerning the Church’s ministry will be gladly received by email (email@example.com) or telephone (9211 1833). (Phones from overseas should precede the above numbers with 61 2).